Entrepreneurs' Summit & Awards 2020 (Virtual)
Join us for this 2-day VIRTUAL conference, which promises to be insightful, empowering, motivating and enlightening
Celebrate the successes of our Awards recipients
Friday, December 11th – 6pm – 8.30pm (Irish time/GMT)
Saturday, December 12th – 11am to 3pm (Irish time/GMT)
Theme – Redefining the Afrikan Woman
Chief Host – Toluwani Akaehomen, Founder, HerGenuityAfrika!
Conference host – Gladys Otono- Atsenokhai, MD Shakara Media
Conference Chairs- Cassandra Corbet – Management Consultant & Dolapo Sanusi-Ola – Financial Management Expert
Conference Administrator – Amanda Tamara Nyoni, Integration Consultant
Joy Zenz – Joy Wanjiru Zenz is the founder of African Women in Europe. (AWE), which was founded in 2008 with currently over 4000 signed and actively involved in networking. She is also the CEO of African Market in Europe (AME), Winner of 2018 African Business Support Award (The Voice Awards Amsterdam), Won African Diaspora living Legend in Germany.
Joy aims to connect African Women living in Europe and around the world through AWE platform irrespective of their geographical locations. She is a professional Event Organizer. AWE Host AWE Awards every second year to acknowledge the achievement of its members in different categories.
Shimite Bello – Shimite Bello is currently Executive Assistant to the Governor of Delta State (in Nigeria) on Export Initiatives and the Coordinator of the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) Centre.
She is a multiple Award winner in her areas of interest, which includes Community Development, Micro Finance, Youth and Women Development, Media, and in Agricultural Development. She is a a global leader, with expertise in Micro Finance, MSME Development, Human Capital Development, Export, Financial Literacy Traning, mentorship, Job and Wealth creation, through innovation in the Agricultural and Solid Minerals Value chain, Utilizing grassroots Women and Youth entrepreneurs as drivers of the process.
She also currently serves as the Founder and Group President of Quintessential Business Women Association (QBWA) a non-governmental organisation with United Nations Consultative Status and works with different UN organisations. Shimite was formerly Head of Delta State Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency (DEMSMA). Prior to this, she had served as CEO and President of several companies in the media, travel and agricultural segments in the country.
Kunyalala Maphisa – Kunyalala Maphisa Kunyalala is the South African based co-founder & Principal Partner, Brigthton Wealth SubSaharan, former President of BWASA, the Business Women’s Association of South Africa, the largest association of professionals and businesswomen in South Africa. She has served on a number of boards of companies and NGOs and was previously Managing Director of Subsaharan Concessions. She has also served in senior leadership positions in Ernst & Young, South Africa. Kunyalala was part of The Women in Business panel at the Africa-Ireland Economic Forum 2018. She has extensive experience in commercial law and investment banking having worked for more than 15 years in areas spanning from mergers and acquisitions, competition law, project and acquisition finance.
Dr. Joseph Anku-Roberts – Medical Practitioner, Entrepreneur, “Doing Business in Africa” Enthusiast and Convener of African Professionals Group, an online platform that facilitates the connection, networking and collaboration of professionals of Afrikan descent
Mini Plenary Speakers & Topics: Saturday 12th December 2020
Hannah Grene, Lead Consultant at Barncat Consulting – Building a viable consulting business
Hannah Grene established Barncat Consulting in 2007 to provide research and support to the community and international development sectors. She works with Irish public bodies, including the Department of Foreign Affairs and local authorities, international NGOs, and international organisations including the European Union Fundamental Rights Agency. She is based in Ireland, but has provided training and facilitation in many parts of Europe and Africa. For more information, please visit www.barncat.ie
Evelyn Nomayo, Founder & CEO at PhaseInnovate, Senior Software Developer, Ph.D Researcher (TCD) – Leveraging Technology for Business
Janice Taylor, Co-founder, Taylor & Associates – Running your business with the right people
Tokunbo Ojekunle, CEO, Pedigree & Style Media, Lagos – Speaking to hold attention – Helping entrepreneurs stand out.
Tokunbo Ojekunle has over 40 years of broadcast experience, spanning notable media organisations such as: Radio Lagos, Eko FM, Radio Continental, Max FM and Television Continental, all in Lagos. He has over the years coordinated broadcast functions such as News Operations (reporting, editing, presentation and production); Content development and Station management. As a seasoned broadcast journalist and consummate Communications expert, he is driven by the passion for training up and coming practitioners in the art of excellent delivery of scripts and presentations for public speaking, radio and television performances.
He has overtime through his experience as a broadcast journalist, initiated content in the area of presentation and production of features and documentaries projects.
Anne Nolan – The importance of Social Enterprise as a response to global disruptions.
Anne is a Humanitarian, supporting vulnerable migrants since 2006. As a Human Rights practitioner, she ensures that Ireland lives up to its commitment to fully protect and serve those who are fleeing global persecution. She has a proven track record in Integration project development and management providing technical expertise and leadership in this sector. Anne is experienced in interagency working to maximise outcomes within the community.
As a Cultural Anthropology student she is a skilled researcher, policy developer and implementer and has the ability to adapt and interact in a multi-cultural environment. Anne is now focussing her work through effective integration and community building strategies (particularly for vulnerable migrant women and children) which is evidenced through recognised programmes Regionally, Nationally and Internationally. An experienced lecturer at third level and as a training provider, Anne has delivered presentations at the United Nations, and other international and academic venues.
The Panelists: Theme – Redefining the Afrikan Woman – Friday 11th December 2020
- Dr. Alexis Amaye – Founder & MD, Free2Transform, International Strategist & Leadership Development Expert.
- Kunyalala Maphisa – Principal Partner, Brighton Wealth SubSaharan
- Bassey Duke – Award winning Entrepreneur, Procurement Thought Leader & Brexit Expert
- Dr. David Nyaluke – Proudly Made in Afrika Fellow in Business & Development
- Evelyn Nomayo – Founder & CEO at PhaseInnovate, Senior Software Developer, Ph.D Researcher (TCD)
HGA AWARDS: Categories:
- HerGenuityAfrika! Upcoming Entrepreneur of the Year 2020
- HerGenuityAfrika! Business Woman of the Year 2020
- HerGenuityAfrika! Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2020
- HerGenuityAfrika! Innovator of the Year 2020
- HerGenuityAfrika! Special Recognition Award 2020 for Entrepreneurial Thinking & Community Service
- Founder’s Award for most Inspirational Entrepreneur 2020
Registration for the event is @ https://bit.ly/BookHGAEvent
DAY 1 – 6pm – 8.30pm Conference Room opens @ 5.30pm (GMT)
- Opening remark & introduction of guests
- Welcome Address by HGA Founder – Toluwani Akaehomen
- Speech – “Getting your business funding/investment-ready” – Dolapo Sanusi-Ola
- Keynote Speech – “Exploring the strategic role of Afrikan women in diaspora” by Joy Zenz, Founder, African Women In Europe (AWE)
- Panel Discussion on Conference theme – “Redefining the Afrikan Woman”
- Closing remarks
- Pointers for Day 2.
DAY 2 – 11am – 3pm Conference Room opens @ 10.30am (GMT)
- Opening remark & introduction of guests
- Conference Address by HGA Founder – Toluwani Akaehomen
- “Exploring the concept of Group Economics” – Dr. Joseph Anku-Roberts
- Mini Plenary Session – 6 Breakout Rooms
- Keynote Speech – “Redefining the Afrikan Woman” – Chief Shimite Bello, Delta State, Nigeria Executive Secretary of Delta State MSME Development Agency
- HerGenuityAfrika! (HGA) Recognition & Awards – 1
- Conference Break – 15 minutes
- Speech by Kunyalala Maphisa “Afrikan Women for Business Leadership & national development – Opportunities & Challenges”
- HerGenuityAfrika! (HGA) Recognition & Awards – 2
- Closing remarks